Thursday, July 23, 2009

Graphic Tee Update


I was recently informed that a couple pieces that I had the opportunity and pleasure to help design was in a fashion show in italy, or on the elite fashion&trends WGSN website. The Worth Global Style Network is a sophisticated site of indepth research/reports of world trends. It predicts future fashion style/trends, not limited to only clothing but also automotive, like Mercedes. But before one may consider accuiring such "creative intelligence", being a member requires a high membership fee of thousands of dollars! Many business that are fortunate to have obtained such high financial expenses on research can accurately design towards more successful popular pieces. (photos in link below)

For our senior show in May, I had to quickly photograph some of the sample tees that unfortunately didn't make the cut for reproduction (for my portfolio). I ventured into this quaint book store in Lawrence, KS--named VAGABOND BOOKMAN. It had a cluttered yet impressive collection of antique objects, bikes, and OLD books. They specialize in Harold Bell Wright/Gene Stratton Portor as well as Nancy Drew, African-American History, The Kentucky Derby and more! I just loved the characteristics that permeates the atmosphere. I found a neat pamphlet from The Jacques LIPCHITZ exhibtion in New York from 1951. It was priced for $4, but he discounted it to only $2! It was like taking home a piece of Art History from the Cubist period.

You can see more photos from the shoot for my personal Penguin album: PENGUIN
Order shirts here: An Original Penguin